Congratulations to all our 2013 graduates in Astronomy. Pictured below are the five graduates who attended the May 30th degree-awarding ceremony. In addition, Lauranne Lanz and Diego Munoz will be completing their degree requirements in August. Along with the four concentrators from Harvard College who also graduated in May - David Abaca, Caroline Huang, Samuel Meyer, Corinne Tu - we wish all of you the best. Pictured from left to right:
- Nick Stone (Tidal Disruption of Stars by Supermassive Black Holes)
- Greg Snyder (Modeling Spatially and Spectrally Resolved Observations to Diagnose the Formation of Elliptical Galaxies)
- Bob Penna (Black Hole Accretion Disks and Jets: Connecting Simulations and Theory)
- Rebekah Dawson (On the Migratory Behavior of Planetary Systems)
- Zach Berta (Super-Earth and Sub-Neptune Exoplanets: a First Look from the MEarth Project).
Dr. Stone will be taking up a post-doctoral fellowship at Columbia. Dr. Snyder will be starting a post-doctoral fellowship in galaxy evolution at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Penna, winner of the ITC’s 2013 Keto Prize, has accepted the Pappalardo Fellowship at MIT. Dr. Dawson, who was the department’s 2013 Fireman Prize winner, has accepted a Miller Fellowship at UC Berkeley. Dr. Berta was awarded the MIT Torres Fellowship for Research on Exoplanets.