The Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning works to advance the quality of undergraduate education by providing Harvard’s teachers with resources, programs and support that promote excellence in teaching. Each semester it recognizes with a Certificate of Distinction in Teaching those student instructors whose work is exemplary based on peer evaluations.
For Spring of 2013, the awardees are:
- Astronomy 16 Josh Suresh and Lauren Woolsey
- Astronomy 100 Maria Drout
- Astronomy 120 Sarah Wellons
- Astronomy 189 Anjali Tripathi
- Astronomy 193 Ian Czekala
- Astronomy 201b Chris Faesi
- SPU 30 Laura Schaefer
The Center also awards a Certificate of Teaching Excellence for instructors. For last spring we are pleased to announce an award has been made to Astronomy Affiliate, Ruth Murray-Clay, for her teaching in Astronomy 189.